Are looking for an entry-level role in medical communications, with a clear career path ahead of you? An opportunity has become available for an Editorial Assistant to support the medical writers and editors. You will be expected to be aware of all compliance processes to deliver quality projects.
- Providing project support the medical writers and editors
- Preparing materials for client compliance processes, e.g. checking that materials are fully and accurately referenced, fact-checking, marking up reference materials, uploading content and references onto client approval systems and managing comments
- Formatting documents in Word and PowerPoint (and other programmes) in line with house style and client style when necessary
- Maintaining personal proficiency in reference management software, client approval systems and internal editorial processes
- Sourcing reference materials and copyright permissions
- Creating and maintaining libraries of scientific and medical reference material
- Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers to ensure delivery of projects in line with established quality standards
Skills and Requirements
- A Msc ideally in a life science (biological sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, or a closely related subject)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, combined with the ability to follow guidance and take on board constructive feedback
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively across multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
- Aptitude for the English language and excellent written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.