Director of IT Data Strategy and Operational Excellence
ProClinical has partnered up with a leading pharmaceutical and we are looking to find a Director of IT Strategy and Operational Excellence. This is an exciting opportunity to work between the data citizens in the business functions to ensure prioritized data use case projects aligned with the organizational and data strategy.
- Identify and extrapolate business actions based on the findings of the data with proven values and KPIs (Leading and Lagging)
- Identifying data opportunities within a single line of business (e.g., improving product quality in manufacturing) or cross-organizational initiatives (e.g., reducing product delivery time).
- Providing domain knowledge to help business leaders prioritize their business problems
- Contributing knowledge of common use cases (e.g. predictive maintenance, supply-chain management, inventory management, etc.) in our data domains
- Coordinate with Data Champions on ways to transform requirements into use cases or applications and program manage to execution from Company Data Strategy level.
- Identification of data domains and data stewards, driving the exchange about existing business challenges and bring about their solution as a data product
- Ensure strategic directions for our data supply chain for shared assets are common across different data domains to mitigate risk on varied reporting.
- Acting as Point of Contact for "ad-hoc" use cases and their data products
Key Skills and Requirements:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in top tier pharmaceutical companies in operational excellence, continuous improvement, process transformation or similar in a cross-functional environment with at least 5 years in data-related fields
- Operational expertise of e.g. commercial sales & marketing, supply chain, manufacturing, risk and understanding the key operational metrics
- You have an in-depth knowledge on the enabling factors for a data-driven enterprise across people, process, and technology
- General technical fluency, with strong acumen in quantitative analytics and structured problem solving. Having a formal STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) background or self-taught knowledge in a STEM field and MBA is a plus.
- Very good process-management skills to direct an analytics initiative from ideation through production and adoption. Deconstruct problem statements to action-oriented tasks.
- Domain knowledge, you must be expert in both industry and company to effectively identify the value of analytics in the business context.
- Demonstrate experience in leading and implementing complex digital and data transformation projects.
- Ability to communicate with a language that the decision-makers understand.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to successfully work in cross-functional complex teams and fast-moving environments.
- Having an entrepreneurial mind-set, enthusiasm, commitment, and business savvy to navigate the many technical and organizational challenges.
- Fluency in English.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tania Maphoso at +41 61 568 79 86.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.