Data Scientist - Bioinformatics
An international pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Data Scientist - Bioinformatics to their office in Belgium. The organisation researches, develops, and manufactures innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an establishment that brings differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible by utilising scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
The Data Scientist - Bioinformatics contributes to production of advanced data analytics and bioinformatics deliverables for Vaccines Technical R&D projects and ensure they are at the top of research and industry standards with respect to scientific excellence, quality and timelines.
- The Bioinformatics Data Scientist will integrate and analyze complex, high dimensional data sets to extract biological knowledge relevant for Vaccines R&D.
- They will use and develop state-of-the-art bioinformatics and data analysis tools to perform:
- Bioinformatics/data analytics activities for Vaccines Technical R&D
- Data and knowledge integration for hypothesis generation
- Data modelling for innovative assays, high-dimensional readouts, and microbial genomics
- Development of tailored systems and analytical models for explorative analytics of omics data
- Development of analysis pipelines using combinations of heterogeneous, high dimensional datasets and tools
- Advise on data formats, data analysis strategies
- Fostering innovation within TRD and keeping abreast of the new and most recent developments and innovations in the fields relevant for the role.
- Communicating results to internal stakeholders and scientific community, translating complex solutions into simple, understandable and effective messages.
Skills and Requirements:
- Basic background knowledge in molecular biology.
- Demonstrated proficiency / publication record in one or more of the following areas:
- Computational biology
- Bioinformatics and genomics
- Systems vaccinology and immuno-informatics
- Data mining and machine learning
- Computational/dynamic modelling
- High performance scientific computing infrastructures
- Good programming, data analytics and modelling skills.
- Good business understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Good knowledge of vendors and state-of-the-art solutions for Exploratory Data Analytics.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Magenis at +44 203 854 1050 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A vacancy has arisen for a Clinical Trials Management Associate - II with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company, based in their UK office.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently advertising a Quality Engineer, Validation Consultant to their office in Switzerland.
A vacancy has arisen for a Associate Director - Medical Affairs with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company, based in their UK office.
A major biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Contractor, Global Regulatory CMC position
A vacancy has arisen for a Drug Safety Public Health Specialist - II with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company, based in their UK office.
San Mateo, California
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Supply Chain Specialist with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company, based in their California office
Trenton, New Jersey
An international biopharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Documentation Specialist - Data Migration to their office in New Jersey.
A leading international healthcare company is seeking to recruit a Global Medical Director, Established Products to their team in Switzerland.
An international pharmaceutical company are currently recruiting a Communications Lead.
An international pharmaceutical company are currently recruiting an Employee Engagement Lead.