Computational Biologist (Immuno-Oncology)
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Computational Biologist of Immuno-Oncology for a leading biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will develop novel methods, analysis strategies, and tools to filter and distill multi-dimensional datasets to focused hypotheses to drive clinical and discovery research.
- Enhance molecular characterization of tumors for both clinical and research setting by designing and evaluating novel integrative approaches to the analysis of NGS cancer exome and transcriptome data.
- Correlative analysis of patient outcomes, phenotypes, and immune readouts with diverse high dimensional data types (NGS-based,) to identify biomarkers and mechanistic hypotheses about response and resistance to cancer vaccines and other therapies.
- Identify and interpret gene expression signatures related to cancer pathways and immune infiltration.
- Develop innovative, robust, analysis pipelines that can be applied in research and clinical settings.
- Drive analysis and idea-generation related to epitope selection for the company's cancer vaccine and T-cell based therapies.
- Identify, develop, manage and contribute to external collaborations and partnerships.
- Provide guidance on experimental design and data interpretation by liaising with lab scientists.
- Serve a project team member and a scientific resource for key company programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics or a related discipline with 3-5+ years of relevant experience as a scientist in an industry or academic setting with a strong record of publications/patents.
- Experience developing and optimizing NGS-based software, especially that which relates to custom variant detection (for fusions, microsatellites, etc.) and variant phasing.
- Experience executing, optimizing, and pipelining GATK tools.
- Fluency in SAM/BAM file format specifications and the use samtools and pysam to interpret these files and evaluate variant support; familiarity with gene and variant annotation files (GTFs, VCFs).
- Experience integrating diverse NGS and non-NGS data sets to identify cancer drivers, predictive biomarkers, or mechanistic hypotheses.
- Experience with mining public data sets, such as TCGA, GTEx, and CCLE.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and test hypotheses by designing and implementing novel computational approaches.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.