Clinical Research Oncology Nurse
Clinical Research Oncology Nurse - Contract to Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical Staffing is seeking a Clinical Research Oncology Nurse to join a cutting-edge health care company. This is a contract to permanent role located in Detroit, MI.
Skills & Requirements:
- Current valid Michigan RN license required.
- OCN certification required within three (3) years of hire into the position.
- ACRP or SOCRA certification preferred.
- Two (2) years of progressive oncology research experience REQUIRED.
- Ability to utilize computer software to access and input data.
The Clinical Research Oncology Nurse will:
- Using established procedures, perform assessments independently and in collaboration with the physician investigator to ensure that the objectives of an established oncology research protocol are met and in compliance with IRB and sponsor guidelines. Identify and recruit patients into oncology clinical trials.
- Facilitate clinical testing and check results to determine patient eligibility for a clinical trial.
- Coordinate patient care across multiple departments/ disciplines, ensuring that the treatment adheres to both strict protocol timelines and the critical clinical timeline that is based on the specific patient scenario/diagnosis.
- Responsible for providing education regarding diagnosis, clinical trial, and investigational chemotherapy to patients and their families.
- Responsible for nursing oversight of the investigational chemotherapy treatment. Ensure that chemotherapy orders are written according to the dosing guidelines defined by the clinical trial.
- Responsible for checking the safety parameters and initiating treatment when patients present for chemotherapy.
- Triage all patient clinical needs, including immediate and delayed reactions from the investigational agent, which often requires coordination with the patient's primary care physician and external institutions.
- Initiate direct admissions to the hospital, and referrals to Behavioral Health, Homecare and/or Hospice as appropriate. Support physician investigators and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate patient participation and compliance in oncology.
- Provide educational in-services on investigational chemotherapy and clinical trial compliance measures to infusion nurses, inpatient staff and other departments as necessary.
- This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Bodin Forsen at (+1) 617-830-1769 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.