Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Brisbane, CA.
- Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports and maintain records of test results.
- May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
- Comply with quality control policies and document QC activities including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance
- Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
- Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
- Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation. § Document corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Teach/train policy, methods and techniques to new employees; may perform inservice and competency testing of employees.
- Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
- Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
- Under direction of the CLM, investigate and follow-up on proficiency testing, quality control results and patient testing that does not meet standards.
- Perform additional duties and projects assigned by the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, the mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and ethical behavior.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations
Skills and Requirements:
- Held California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
- BS/BA in a biology-related science § At least 6 years of experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
- Experience in immunology, microbiology or related fields is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at 215-531-5593.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.