Clinical Data Manager
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Clinical Data Manager to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel. The organisation is known internationally for their work in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and their focus on scientific advancement. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
- Collaborate with peers within the function and across the organisation to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, adhering to F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles.
- Ensure the timely completion of data management deliverables and partner with Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and vendors, overseeing and providing technical expertise in the delivery of high-quality data.
- Contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our technical landscape, business and healthcare environments.
- Strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to evolve the way we collect and deliver data and to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
- Accountable for study/studies and non-study project deliverables.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external partners and work with considerable independence.
- Lead/contribute to the development of new concepts, technologies, and standards. We will look to you as a positive role model for peers and you will support colleagues to improve in their role with both technical and interpersonal skills.
- Expected to lead/contribute to broad CDM strategies, lead and deliver on complex projects, and interact with external partners.
- Proactively share learnings/experience with colleagues both internal and external to the function.
- Develop risk management strategies and proactively manage timelines to ensure successful oversight and delivery of studies, projects and coding responsibilities, including the implementation and adoption of new technologies.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to understand their needs and influence their understanding of decisions made in our function.
- Inform stakeholders of status of key deliverables and act on changing milestones.
- Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management.
- Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
- Act as experts for data collection, advising teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions.
- Ensure a high quality of data and compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Stay current with and adopt emergent data collection, data management, visualisation and provision tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- Use data surveillance tools and strategies to provide aggregate level reviews designed to identify patterns or anomalies in our data to ensure high quality results.
- Organisation and integration of data collected from various sources.
- Maintain value of data through application of FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their data insight needs and offer Data Management solutions.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the data flow from collection through to analysis and filing.
- Collaborate and contribute to functional/cross-functional initiatives or goals to promote new ways of working, including emerging technologies.
- Enable broader and more effective use of data to support the business.
- Offer guidance and advice to peers within the function, to key stakeholders and to FSPs, CRO and collaborative groups on technical solutions to ensure high-quality data collection and delivery.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, Data/Computer Science, Bioinformatics OR equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and excellent communication skills - both written and oral (proficiency in English required).
- Knowledge of CDISC data standards.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and working in regulated environments.
- Project Management skills.
- Able to manage multiple requests and priorities.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good time management, client-focused and strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Magenis at 0203 854 1050 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.