Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Chemist II for a global biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. Successful candidate will support commercial and late-stage manufacturing of therapeutic proteins and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) utilizing both laboratory and manufacturing scale competencies.
- Execute lab experiments for process development of protein purification and/or ADC unit operations (e.g. column chromatography, depth and membrane filtrations, including sample handling, solution preparation, etc.)
- Execute, analyze and optimize conjugation chemistry reactions
- Execute sample analysis (e.g. pH, conductivity measurement, UV spectrum, HPLC, ELISA, etc.)
- Assist in process optimization / continuous improvement activities.
- Interpret data accurately and independently, with supervisor input.
- Document work appropriately in electronic notebook.
- Write clear, concise and accurate reports, technical memos and presentations.
- Execute data review for technical reports.
- Maintain and troubleshoot lab equipment and identify and implement lab optimization projects.
- Assist in process qualification activities: request/obtain/aliquot samples from manufacturing suites; request/submit samples to/from analytical groups and obtain analytical results.
- Execute CPV-compliant trending program for commercial project(s): gather data from the manufacturing suites, enter/verify data in data trending systems.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific or engineering discipline (preferably Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biosciences/Bioengineering) with 2-4+years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on chemical lab experience such as: buffer preparation, aliquoting, dilutions, pH and conductivity measurements.
- Experience with summarizing data including basic data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- Chromatography workstation experience (programming and running), esp. w/ AKTA / Avant.
- Theoretical understanding of protein separation methods.
- Practical knowledge of protein purification unit operations (chromatography, filtration and UF/DF).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.