Chemical Processing Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Chemical Processing Specialist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. The candidate will work in an GMP Industrial Plant and is expected to comply with the site GMP Quality Program. The Chemical Operator, Process Specialist will be expected to run all processes and equipment a typical Chemical Operator is expected to operate to ensure delivery of product, while meeting strict safety and quality standards and expectations. in addition to day-to-day Operations, the Chemical Operator, Process Specialist, will be expected to identify, plan, and execute area projects & initiatives to drive continuous improvement. Within this scope, the Chemical Operator, Process Specialist will lead continuous improvement projects, including but not limited to lean initiatives, such as 5S, Kaizen Events, Standard Work, and A3 problem solving activities, including Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) events.
- Be capable to operate as a Chemical Operator in all trained areas.
- Drive continuous improvement projects and activities within the production areas. Continuous improvement projects include, but not limited to, 5S Visual Management, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Poka-Yoke, Kanban, SMED, Jidoka, Heijunka scheduling, and Lean Performance Visual Management.
- In addition, lead troubleshooting events using PDCA, 3C and A3 Methodology and contribute in RCPS and FMEA events.
- Inspect the Process PI Historian trends and work with Tech Center to provide quick solutions to improve yield and downtime.
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance to improve process and equipment reliability and robustness.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least a Bachelors Degree with a Technical Background. Preferred Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent engineering/technical background (i.e., Mechanical and Electrical Engineering also acceptable)
* Will consider Associates degree with direct Pharma experience
- At least 3 years of Industrial Experience preferred, strong candidate from college requires internship experience.
- Previous experience with Bioprocess and/or Lean Management strongly preferred.]
- SAP Experience is preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.