Business Development Manager, Intellectual Property
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager who specialised in Intellectual Property to join a large pharmaceutical company in Europe. This talented individual will be accountable for profitable achievement and identify new customer opportunities. If you believe you can make a tremendous difference, then this might be the role for you.
- Generates revenue utilizing sales opportunity process via telephone and electronic means to nurture and qualify lead opportunities. This includes aggressive prospecting and scheduling online product sales demonstrations and product orientations to potential prospects.
- Identifies and gains access to decision makers.
- Source prospects, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities.
- Must be able to effectively identify, communicate and work through customer problems, issues and opportunities.
- Anticipates and drives growth of additional services and coverage levels by conducting thorough needs assessments and matches these needs to the appropriate solutions.
- Follow the established sales process and consistently utilize the CRM to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient lead management
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to metrics and customized scripts based on prospect type.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Science related fields, business, communications or other related disciplines
- 3 or more years of sales related experience including lead generation, inside and outside sales, business development with at least one year of demonstrated experience in Intellectual Property Law
- Strong desire to be in technology/solution sales in the intellectual property/patent space
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to build networks and connections to drive sales
- Experience navigating LinkedIn, social media and other prospecting tools
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com, and other virtual selling tools such as GoToMeeting, Web-Ex and other comparable tools a plus
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.