Biomarkers Discovery Associate Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biomarkers Discovery Associate Scientist for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will conduct high-quality preclinical and clinical sample analysis using established immunoassays and evaluation and characterization of additional relevant fluid biomarkers that will provide useful pharmacodynamic and efficacy endpoints in the preclinical and clinical setting.
- Process preclinical tissue samples for fluid biomarker analysis to support preclinical GLP toxicity studies
- Execution and documentation of fluid biomarker analysis to support preclinical and clinical sample testing
- Design and execution of experiments in the development of biomarker assays to establish their fit-for-purpose nature for use in characterizing drug candidates for potential therapeutic effects in preclinical models and clinical studies
- Qualify biomarker assays and oversee transfer and validation at contract research laboratories.
- Recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies to ensure high data quality.
- Liaise with cross-functional project teams as the subject matter expert.
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
- Commitment to help the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science with 3+ years postgraduate research in either an academic or industry setting.
- Experience developing and executing ligand binding assays utilizing a variety of technology platforms.
- Experience with tissue handling and processing.
- Experience processing preclinical/clinical samples and performing relevant biomarker assessments.
- Excellent assay troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and evaluate cutting edge assay technologies.
- Experience in cellular and biochemical science such as standard molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques (e.g. real-time PCR, protein purification, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, enzymatic assays).
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision in managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated record of productivity including providing support activities for multiple research projects.
- Background in Neurodegenerative diseases and familiarity with markers of neurodegeneration and related pathways .
- Hands on experience in the development and validation of biomarker and bioanalytical assays in the preclinical and clinical setting.
- Experience with the Ultrasensitive immunoassay platforms (ie. SIMOA assay platform).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.