Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biomarker Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Redwood City, CA. We are seeking an experienced, exceptional scientist who will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary team environment to generate and interpret data from preclinical translational and clinical studies. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of biomarker strategies for programs in the field of immuno-oncology focused on the development of therapies for solid tumors and hematological malignancies. This individual will design experiments to advance biomarker discovery efforts to impact clinical development and the research pipeline. Experience in the analysis of multi-dimensional data sets and a strong understanding of tumor biology and immunology is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will work within a project team-based research structure to collaboratively support projects in Immuno-oncology therapeutic area within Biomarker Sciences. The candidate will be expected to significantly participate in and lead biomarker assay development efforts. The position sits within a larger group with efforts across a breadth of therapeutic areas and the successful candidate will also participate as an engaged member of this interactive and collaborative group.
- Report to a Senior Scientist in the Biomarker Sciences Oncology Therapy Area
- Direct the development, outsourcing, and validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, safety and other biomarkers for immuno-oncology programs
- Lead cross-functional Biomarker workstreams to execute biomarker development strategies
- Identify, establish and oversee external collaborations with academic collaborators and CROs to advance our understanding of disease pathways and prognostic/predictive biomarkers and utilize novel technologies
- Collaborate with Research Biology, Clinical Research, Bioinformatics and Biostatistics functions to create synergy in developing biomarker strategies and translational approaches
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent degree in the area of oncology, immunology, or a related field with a minimum of 1 year of relevant post graduate experience inclusive of either post-doctoral work or employment in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong experimental background and experience in hypothesis-driven biological/translational research with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed experiments in immuno-oncology
- Experience with genomic, epigenetic, gene expression, metabolomics, multiplexed protein detection or other related emerging platforms or data sets is desirable
- Must be able to work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required to engage and be productive within a high achieving team environment
- Must be team and detail-oriented, motivated, and results focused
- Demonstrated expertise in cancer research, immunology or related field
- Ability to integrate complex scientific ideas, generate testable hypotheses, and execute experimentation
- Analysis and interpretation of biomarker data in both preclinical and clinical settings
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analysis is beneficial
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early and late stage development
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development, assay development/validation, clinical discovery of biomarkers, and MoA/translational research
- Basic understanding of technical aspects of companion diagnostics development
- Proven scientific/leadership expertise (working in teams, managing people/projects commensurate with level)
- Proven publication record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of IP, contracting terms and provisions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.