Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bench Scientist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Collegeville, PA. As the Bench Scientist, you will be performing target validation experiments in relevant cellular systems and to present the data to colleagues or in team meetings.
- Maintain cell culture (cell lines / human primary cells) to support assay development.
- Utilize various transfection/transduction methods to knockdown or overexpression target genes in cell lines / primary cells.
- Conduct experiments directed to investigate the biological effects of target genes.
- Perform detections of biomarker changes using various assay methods, such as ELISA, Western, imaging, RT-PCR.
- Analyze and summarize experimental data using a variety of laboratory instrumentation and computer software.
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks according to company guidelines.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences required with laboratory experience in molecular biology and cell biology.
- Candidate is expected to have experience in sterile cell culture and gene knockdown and overexpression) techniques.
- Experience in cell-based assays (e.g. immune-sandwich, reporter gene etc.) and/or quantitative biochemical assays.
- Ability to execute experiment independently and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Candidate must be able to do independent literature research, analyze, summarize and interpret experimental data and maintain records according to company policy.
- Candidate must have the ability to cooperate with others both to accomplish scientific goals.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at (+1) 267-477-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.