Proclinical is currently recruiting for aa Automation Scientist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Collegeville, PA. A major goal for the Protein and Cellular Sciences (PCS) Department is the industrialization of our High Throughput Protein (HTEx) platforms fit for purpose recombinant proteins for the company's small molecule discovery platforms.
- Optimize integration of various modules (i.e. plate washers, centrifuges, automated liquid handling, protein purification, etc.) on current automation platform. Previous experience with installing and servicing large integrated systems is desirable.
- Develop scripts to support the most frequent workflows in the department including molecular biology, cell culture, protein expression and purification. Workflows will need to be integrated into a Signals eLN (electronic laboratory notebook) environment for data collection and subsequent analysis. Experience with Python, Java, HTML, and other advanced programming languages is desirable.
- Work closely with scientists to develop and optimize gene to protein HTEx production protocols, ensuring optimal efficiency and performance.
- Carryout on-going system performance analysis based on error logs, live run interventions and root-cause analysis and trending errors to mitigate their recurrence.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS/MS in Life Sciences or Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sarah Beshara at (+1) 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.