Associate Scientist/Study Director, Cell Culture
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist of Cell Culture for a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate must demonstrate innovative technical knowledge and significantly contributes to the overall operations of the Virology Department.
- Demonstrates scientific technical expertise.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interacts with clients as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree with a major in Biological Sciences or other science related
- 4 years' or more experience 2+ years of specialized training in laboratory techniques
- PhD graduate with relevant Viral or Virology experience
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of GLP and cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate
laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave)
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including
fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.