Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for An Associate Scientist of Molecular Biology for a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform and direct assays according to and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrates scientific technical expertise.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Presents technical seminars and provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
- Reviews and signs lab notebooks
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Contributes independently to overall scientific rigor through objective laboratory investigation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer or supervisor.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Technical Reviewer for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Independently initiates and carries out scientific development projects relating to the development of new assays.
- Trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interacts with clients as required.
- Performs Research & Development activities as required.
- Maintains laboratory notebook and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities
- Provides operational support for Molecular Biology activities including (Ex. media/buffer preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment/materials staging/ Aseptic Technique).
- Works on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Works with supervisor to schedule lab work
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.