Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist in Redwood City, CA with a leading pharmaceutical company. A successful candidate will have an immunology background and experience with ELISA and flow cytometry. The team is looking for a highly motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for oncology research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- Aligned with the overall goals of the team, utilize broad technical expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, tumor biology and immunology to design and execute experiments, optimize and troubleshoot experimental details, generate and present experimental data.
- Develop in vitro and ex vivo assays to facilitate biomarker discovery for immuno-oncology programs and to expand understanding of our therapeutics.
- Articulate hypotheses, workplans, and results objectively to a variety of audiences in both oral and written communications.
- Organize and document data and results in an electronic lab notebook, embrace global registration and inventory systems, utilize shared databases and visualization software to collaborate with all AbbVie Oncology Discovery teams.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
Skills and Requirements:
- Hands on experience in immunology, cellular biology techniques, such s cell culture, multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA or Luminex.
- Experience with human or mouse primary sample processing and cell based functional assay is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in cancer immunology/immuno-oncology or translational research is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Enjoy teamwork and collaboration, willing to listen to or accept different ideas or opinions.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize and present experiment results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, et al, and aptitude to train in other software programs when required for specific instruments.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.