Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Durham, NC. The successful candidate will work in the separation sciences group within the medicinal chemistry department. This is a laboratory-based role focused primarily on performing high throughput HPLC/achiral purification/analytical chemistry and requires an individual who can balance a variety of technical skills with high work efficiency and organization.
- Production of buffers and maintenance of solvent levels on analytical and preparative instruments
- UPLC-MS; both sample creation and running instrumentation
- Post-purification fraction collection; formatting & evaporation of pure compounds
- UPLC-MS final analysis; final sample creation and both UPLC-MS & NMR QC runs
- Lyophilization of compounds
- Delivery of compounds to Compound Management
Skills and Requirements:
- S. in Chemistry or related discipline
- 1 year experience with analytical/purification chemistry techniques and protocols
- Production work scheduling experience
- Able to effectively work on tight timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel)
- General chemistry lab hands-on experience
- HPLC buffer preparations
- Analytical UPLC-MS instrumentation (1-2 yr. experience beneficial)
- NMR spectroscopy (experience beneficial, but not essential for position)
- Analytical balance weighing
- General chemistry lab safety understanding and awareness
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.