Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform various molecular biology assays independently. Expertise in molecular cloning techniques preferably with AAV experience.
- Research background in AAV-based cargo engineering or AAV-based gene therapy on neurological diseases is preferred.
- Part of a cross-functional team focused on designing, cloning and characterization of novel Adeno-associated Viral (AAV) vectors for human therapeutics development.
- Design and generation of plasmid constructs, specifically constructs containing AAV genome-based expression cassettes.
- Plan and execute standard cloning and expression experiments with scientific rigor.
- Perform cell-based assays.
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records to support internal documentation needs and regulatory submissions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical/Bioengineering or other related scientific discipline with 1-5 years of industry experiences.
- Proven experience in virus (preferably AAV) production, purification, titration, and transduction.
- Proven experience with molecular biology tools, including qPCR and RT-qPCR. Experience with ddPCR is a plus.
- Hands on experience in culturing of multiple types of cells, including transformed cell lines, primary and iPSCs.
- Proven experience with protein biochemistry including WB, ELISA.
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills.
- Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines.
- Experience with constructing libraries from nucleic acids (DNA or RNA).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.