Associate Scientist - Fluid Biomarkers
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist of Fluid Biomarkers with a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing translational studies to explore the therapeutic mechanism of action as well as identify and develop biomarkers that establish the PK/PD relationship and characterize the clinical response of small molecule and protein therapeutic drug candidates.
- Analyze resulting data, identify next steps, and communicate findings to the team.
- Effective communication and teamwork will be critical. Eagerness to learn and an ability to manage time efficiently are required.
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal forums.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to independently assess results.
- Develop ex vivo cell-based models and in vitro assays to evaluate mechanism of action of small molecule and protein therapeutic drug candidates.
- Independently review relevant literature to understand biological pathways and new technologies and propose appropriate experimental approaches and methodologies to meet the needs of the projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS with at least 3-6 years academic and/or industry experience.
- An understanding in immunology and/or development of immunomodulatory therapies.
- Familiarity with developing flow cytometry and cell-based assays that interrogate immune function.
- Technical knowledge in flow cytometry instrumentation, software, and techniques preferred.
- The position requires excellent communication skills and ability to present data and work pro-actively and effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, GraphPad, and facility with learning new software.
- Be scientifically agile and learn best practices in flow cytometry assay development.
- Continuous learning of new techniques and approaches as needed to tackle relevant questions.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Comfortable with changing direction and taking risks.
- Ability to independently trouble shoot technical hurdles and problem solve when met with negative results.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.