Associate Director, Scientific Communications
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Scientific Publications with a biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the cross-functional short- and long-term strategic development and tactical execution of medical and scientific presentations and publications, scientific platforms, advisory boards, MSL materials, and digital Medical communications.
- Provide Medical Publications leadership across a portfolio of products, including implementation of best practices and long-range strategic planning and the development of policies, procedures, and templates.
- Lead a Publication Committee to ensure publication strategy alignment with global medical affairs objectives, provide ideas for generating manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and orals of scientific interests, and then lead content development and review to ensure alignment with strategy and the scientific platform.
- Provide leadership that establishes best practice interactions with external stakeholders (medical experts, advisory boards, patient advocacy groups), and internal stakeholders (Research, Development, Clinical Operations Marketing, HEOR, Legal, Regulatory, Corporate Communications, and Regional Leadership).
- Develop and manage Medical Affairs communication activities at scientific congresses; serve as a key advisor on congress/convention best practices and long-term strategy.
- Develop and maintain medical communications business plan and budget as part of the overall strategy for medical affairs.
- Manage vendors and budgets to execute on agreed-upon tactics and projects often executing on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of disease biology, scientific data, and competitive data in order to develop scientifically rigorous and high-quality products and programs.
- Ensure adherence to good publication practices and relevant guidelines on and scientific data communication, such as ICMJE, GPP3, company policies and all relevant SOPs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced Clinical/Science degree or professional credentials required (MD/DO, PhD, PharmD, PA, NP).
- A minimum of 2-3 years (for Senior Manager)/ 5+ years (for Associate Director) experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs, with experience working with cross-functional in-house and field-based teams.
- Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desired.
- Oncology-specific experience required.
- Prior Medical Communication required; experience within additional Medical Affairs functions (e.g., Medical Information, MSL, etc.) highly desired.
- Working knowledge of publication management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and business planning, including development of a budget and adherence to targets.
- Attention to detail and strong project management.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.