Associate Director Medical Communications
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Global Medical Communications for a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for the creation of Global Scientific Content, the provision of Global Medical Information as well as Global Medical Training services within the GMA Department for one of our advanced pipeline assets, ensuring the timely and high-quality delivery of medical, scientific and technical information and data to a wide variety of external & internal customers.
- Ensure high quality and expediency in the development and distribution of medical, scientific and technical information to both internal and external customers
- Maintain a high level of technical and scientific expertise through familiarity with medical and scientific literature on the Incyte pipeline asset
- Liaise with intra- and inter-departmental colleagues to build relationships and proactively identify needs of stakeholders in support of pipeline
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of medical, scientific and technical information on the Incyte pipeline asset
- Plan, develop and maintain key medical information documentation, this includes but is not limited to Medical Information Response Letters, Questions & Answers documents, medical slide decks
- Participate in international medical & scientific congress activities, and developing congress materials (e.g. brochures, videos)
- Develop training modules primarily for medical teams but also for the rest of the R&D organization. Training will be primarily related to diseases or products, but could also be related to systems, or process/compliance.
- Contribute to live or recorded training sessions by ensuring content is accurate and in line with key global medical resources.
- As needed, review and advise on development of marketing materials.
- Collaborate seamlessly with Regional Medical Communications Services to ensure maximal alignment
- Participate in development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Global Medical Content Creation and Review, as well as Global Medical Information Services
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD or PharmD in Life Sciences, or equivalent is required.
- 3-5+ years' experience in the field of Scientific Content, Medical Information and/or Communications is required
- Experience in medical scientific exchange (e.g., MSL slide decks) material management and execution at a global level
- In-depth understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues, codes of practice and guidelines as relevant to the provision of Medical Information and medical data communication and scientific exchange
- In-depth understanding of the specialized databases for the scientific community
- Proven high level of competence with computers as well as document management, storage and retrieval systems (such as internet-residing databases/ data-banks) is essential
- Demonstrated success in developing effective solutions to complex problems is required
- Demonstrated ability to understand the operating principles of the various functions within a GMA organization, and the prerequisites and implications of successful medical support of global-scope projects and initiatives
- Recognized ability to respond to urgent timelines is essential
- Documented skills of interaction with external collaborators/ agencies/ company customers are a must
- Superior adoption of techniques and demonstration of skills aiming to maximize customer-centricity are essential
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal interaction skills
- High attention to details and scientific rigor is required
- Experience in oncology is an asset
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.