Associate Director in Financial Operations
A rapidly expanding pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit an Associate Director in Financial Operations to their office in Oxford. The organisation specialises in developing treatments for unmet medical needs.
- Line management and personal and professional development of other members of the accounting team.
- Manage the month end close process and preparation of monthly consolidated accounts, with close support from two Finance Managers and liaising with the wider finance team to enable effective and timely distribution of internal reporting. Take ownership for month end close timetable and co-ordination of deliverables to ensure deadlines are hit.
- Currently the role will prepare the consolidated group accounts. In the medium term, this role will focus on the management of the UK consolidated accounts as the UK business grows and the finance team in the US grows.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the day to day operational running of the finance function, providing guidance and Ensuring SOX compliance by the team and the wider business and supporting the development of the evolving control environment
- Undertaking a key role in the commercialisation preparatory activities of the Group as part of the finance function and providing guidance and support to the business
- Supporting the upcoming ERP company-wide project
Skills and Requirements
- Accounting Qualification - ACA or ACCA preferred with a strong all-round knowledge of the current technical financial reporting environment with an emphasis on IFRS and UK GAAP
- A background in audit practice and/or experience of liaising with external auditors
- Post qualification experience of Financial Control and proven track record of leading a successful and effective finance team
- Practical understanding of the statutory and tax compliance filing requirements of a global group, including experience of consolidation
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Understands the dynamic and requirements of working in a fast-growing company
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.