Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Technician with a leading biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Animal Care Technician, you will be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and preparing all animal caging equipment for vivarium husbandry staff. Incumbent must be cognizant of and adhere to company specific Standard Operating Procedures and safety requirements associated with an active vivarium.
- Clean and sanitize all dirty animal caging or facility related equipment.
- Prepare all clean animal caging for future use.
- Document all cage wash sanitation procedures as instructed.
- Properly dispose of waste from facility.
- Unpack, identify and stock all received items.
- Receive crates of shipped animals and notify vivarium staff of deliveries.
- Assist with room sanitation, supply stocking or any other non-animal related husbandry task as requested by manager.
- Alert vivarium staff and/or manager of facility related emergencies or concerns.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects, bend, climb, and stand for a prolonged period.
- Must safely handle and dispose of hazardous materials (biohazard, radiological or chemical).
- Assist and/or perform ANY contract related activity as assigned by manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- 1+ years glass wash experience preferred and/or applicable work experience.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Works well within a team setting.
- Performs duties with the highest regard for safety and quality.
- Must be flexible, motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must exhibit core values and behaviors (Commitment to people, sense of urgency, passion for excellence, etc.)
- Must have the ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues and security clearances.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Hannah Cihlar at (+1) 267-983-0133 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.