Animal Health Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Health Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Redwood, CA.
- Perform routine duties associated with animal care, cage sanitation and preparation in a research environment.
- Review and complies with SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals.
- Monitor and records room conditions such as temperature, humidity, and lighting.
- Assists with restraint, handling and manipulation of mice as assigned by supervisor (ex: intraperitoneal (IP) dosing).
- Dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures.
- Strictly follows procedures to maintain animal housing, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- Operate equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of related cage wash, animal care and handling experience preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Amanda Rivera at 267-435-8555.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.