Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist with a pharmaceutical company located in Rensselaer, NY.
- Support Operations by analyzing raw materials, intermediate batches, packaging and finished products as required.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and investigating out of specification results.
- Perform analytical testing on all incoming Raw Materials as per our reduced testing program as well as an annual full testing using USP/NF, FCC, and Pharmacopoeia.
- Responsible for the disposition of raw materials, intermediates, batches, and finished products in a timely manner.
- Data entry of test results.
- Support method and/or product transfer and NPI activity as necessary.
- Preparation, documentation and maintenance of test solutions and standards.
- Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment.
- Ensures that GMP, Quality, Health & Safety are considered in all aspects of role.
- Perform other duties as directed by QC Specialist or QC manager.
- Routine testing of raw material, bulk batch, packaging and stability samples.
- Authority to notify Operations in manufacturing or filling processes if a problem affecting the quality of the product has been discovered.
- Authority to initiate investigations in quality related issues.
- Authority to quarantine bulk or finished products if the need arises.
- Investigate out of specification and out of trend data, and recommend CAPA.
- Participate on cross-functional teams
- Comply with all safety procedures and policies
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives and programs
- Incorporate Lean Sigma/ Lean Lab principles into ways of working
- Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to achieve results as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years' experience.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dardiyani Littlejohn at 267-297-3331.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.