Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist with a biotechnology company located in Durham, NC. The Analytical Development Biochemistry and Chemistry Development group (AD BioCD) in RTP, NC is seeking a Scientist who will work within a cross-functional team that involves Protein Parenertal Development (PPD). This position provides an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience and exposure to develop and optimize analytical methods, as well as protein formulation development that involves surfactant screening.
- Design, develop and qualify reverse phase HPLC analytical method
- Prepare protein formulations and conduct routine and non-routine analytical testing
- Support cross-group activities, workflows and operational goals
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with minimum 1-2 years, MS or Ph.D with 0-5 years of working experience in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Biological Sciences.
- Strong background in analytical chemistry methodologies especially RP-HPLC separation and universal detector, such as CAD detector, or mass spectrometry.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently interpreting complex data sets and identifying opportunities to bring about innovations, efficiencies and assay robustness.
- Ability to work in a team setting, train others, manage compliant data keeping, be involved in data review and data reporting.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills are desired, as well as technical leadership.
- Must be motivated to learn protein formulation development including sample preparation (dialysis, filtration, fill-finish, etc) and physical stress testing (agitation and freeze thaw cycling).
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.