Alliance Management and Integration Lead
Proclinical has partnered with Management Group responsible for managing and optimising the value of alliance and acquisitions across pharmaceutical product life cycle. We are now in search for an Alliance Management and Integration Lead to join this team in Zug. This role is highly cross-functional, requiring effective communication and collaboration with teams, alliance partners and respective leadership to achieve partnership, acquisition objectives.
- Work with new and existing partners to achieve partnership goals.
- Lead efforts to establish mutual understanding, respect, trust and good communication between alliance partners.
- Establish common understanding of the operational framework, drive governance bodies to ensure alliance progress and issue resolution per contractual mandate.
- Lead effective and efficient joint team operation, culture and mutual accountability. Ensure timely and efficient flow of information, meeting materials, outcomes.
- Ensure cross functional monitoring, coordination and mutual compliance with contractual obligations.
- Develop partner insights: understand partner organization, decision making, interests. Facilitate mutual understanding of the respective organizations.
- Proactively engage partners to manage issues, unexpected events, resolve conflicts at the lowest level. Drive process, decision making on renegotiations, alliance conclusion as appropriate.
- Develop and execute integration strategy for acquired companies. Manage integration governance.
- Develop alliance and integration success metrics and reporting tools.
- Track and report health of the alliance, progress against key partnership objectives or key acquisition value drivers. Establish best practices.
- Partner with Business Dev, legal and Project teams pre-deal to ensure project plans, value drivers for partnership/acquisition, governance are aligned appropriately in the contract
- Foster alliance management understanding and skills across the organisation.
Skills and Requirements
- BS/BA required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) and/or advanced life sciences degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) strongly preferred
- 7+ years in biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or consulting environments
- Thorough understanding of contracts, partnerships, experience in negotiations, alliance management and /or M&A integration
- Track record of having managed successful alliances preferred
- Experienced, hands-on project manager adept at establishing processes, defining "playbooks" and templates, and managing cross-functional teams through significant ambiguity and complexity·
- Experience leading and/or significantly contributing to integration of acquisitions.
- Strong general management and leadership qualities and an ability to influence across company lines and to communicate at the Executive Committee level.
- Understanding of the drug development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas. Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, relationship building skills, ability to navigate organizations and with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to manage difficult conversations and interactions as they arise. Ability to manage and resolve conflict; negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills, including creative, problem solving mindset and ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with passion for leveraging differences and doing right for patients.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.