VP, Vector Genome Engineering
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical seeking a VP, Vector Genome Engineering for a leading biotech company located in Boston, MA.
This role is responsible for designing and executing scientific vision and strategy for internal AAV gene therapy vector genome research as well as external innovation.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Establish and lead the strategic gene therapy AAV vector engineering roadmap and provide exemplary scientific leadership for the company's AAV research programs to support the overall corporate strategy.
- Recruit, motivate, and develop a world-class, highly innovative gene therapy engineering organization; drive a culture that promotes creativity, open communication, and collegiality; ensure projects are run cost-effectively with a sense of patient-centricity and urgency that is recognized by all.
- Manage transgene-related activities in discovery research, drive innovation in payload/cargo design, and will seek to build inter-department synergy using excellence in communication.
- Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of the company's intellectual property.
- Participate in the process of selecting, prioritizing, and accelerating the development of assets.
- Leverage technical opportunities and talent for business advantage and innovation initiatives.
- Play a major role in the company in the area of business development by recommending key initiatives, plans, collaborations, and potential partnerships that will produce outstanding products and financial results.
- Present to the company's Board of Directors and/or Scientific Advisory Board as well as to external stakeholders and the investment community.
- Ultimately responsible for interrogation of candidate sequences, and reduction-to-practice of sequences intended for clinical application, for numerous gene therapy initiatives.
- Working with Research, responsible for establishment and testing of constructs in appropriate model systems, including in vitro and/or in vivo screens.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity throughout the vector design team, including plasmid nomenclature and archiving.
- Key point of contact with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure suitability and timely manufacture of candidate gene therapy cassettes for downstream applications.
- Oversight and implementation of high-throughput gene synthesis and expression screening strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills which acknowledge the team nature of shared success, and a communication style conducive to successful coordination to meet shared timelines.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in a scientific discipline required
- The ideal candidate will be an established scientific leader in the field of gene therapy and have had senior-level scientific/technical responsibility with substantial experience in the successful discovery and/or development of AAV gene therapies, with deep experience in creative and novel AAV vector payload engineering.
- Must be highly motivated, and will derive motivation from working in a small, entrepreneurial biotech environment, accepting the challenge of broad responsibilities and opportunities within a fast-paced, matrix-focused can-do culture. A hands-on operational approach and ability to deliver on corporate goals integrating internal and external resources will be critical for success in this role.
- Must have Intellectual and scientific curiosity and integrity; must be scientifically rigorous and creative; committed to patient-centricity, transparency, and ethical research values.
- Excellence in drug discovery/translational skills demonstrated by experience with payload design/expression control and a successful track record of advancing therapeutically oriented AAV gene therapies.
- Enthusiasm for operating effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment.
- Track record of driving innovative ways of thinking and/or innovative ways of using data.
- Sophisticated scientific management skills and business judgment with an ability to evaluate alternatives, establish priorities, and apply resources effectively.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at +(1) 857-362-9542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.