Vice President of Translational Development
Proclinical has partnered with a global pharmaceutical company in search for the Vice President of Translational Development. The UK based role will ask you to provide translational, scientific and immuno-oncology development strategic expertise, to all aspects of the business.
- Has current, state-of-the-art knowledge of oncology immunotherapy, mechanisms of action, biomarkers, bioinformatics and toxicity, and new IO therapies in development.
- Leads the development of biomarker strategies and translational hypotheses for all projects including target proximal pharmacodynamics, distal mechanism of actions and patient selection/stratification.
- Creates pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic models that predict the clinical dose response and can be refined using clinical data to create recommended Phase II dosing regimen.
- Forwards and back translates mechanism of action and biomarker data (preclinical and clinical) in conjunction with partners e.g. translational medicine and preclinical biology to test translational hypotheses.
- Develops data science, analysis and visualisation systems and processes to enable rapid translational insights to inform development decisions.
- Implements the necessary assays as "fit-for-purpose" to address the translational hypotheses and in line with regulatory requirements from a quality perspective.
- Reduces plans to practice by effective project management to ensure they are integrated within the overall development programme with programme managers and business support functions e.g. finance, legal, BD
- Creates clear reporting of outcomes of studies to project teams and project review boards.
- Critically reviews technical reports and lead medical writing for accountable areas in regulatory submissions e.g IND modules 2 and 4, IB
Skills and Requirements
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven mindset with the ability to bring creative solutions to challenges.
- Flexible and innovative, and able to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Strong personal values and the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Possesses maturity and good judgment; swift action taker; decisive and makes informed decisions.
- Hands-on, pragmatic, highly committed and leads by example.
- Strong listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses vision, global awareness and sensitivity, and works effectively across cultures.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.