Upstream Associate Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Upstream Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA.
- Contribute to the development, scale up and technology transfer of the viral vector production with focus on viral vector cell line and cell culture development. Activities can include molecular cloning (e.g. application of recombinant DNA technologies for construct generation and analysis), lead clone selection, aseptic cell culture of viral vector suspension and adherent cell lines, scale-down model development and qualification, process optimization, robustness studies, and process characterization. Experience with both suspension and adherent formats are desired.
- Support process technology transfer activities, due diligence and facility fit assessment for internal and external manufacturing facilities. The candidate will also support development of upstream technology platforms to integrate process, media and cell line development.
- Include molecular cloning (e.g. application of recombinant DNA technologies for construct generation and analysis), aseptic cell culture of viral vector cell lines, transfection and selection of mammalian cells, cell cloning, and evaluation of clonal cell lines in scale-down models of the production system.
- Active member of the viral vector upstream team would design, plan and execute laboratory studies in order to support process development, characterization or process improvements
- Perform hands on work in an adherent cell stack factories or suspension culture, cell culture expansion, viral vector production as well as process scale up and implementation into GMP clinical production suites.
- Write and review technical documentation
- Participate and influence a cross-functional development team to advance production activities
- Develop manufacturing processes for viral vector products and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Perform process analysis and trend process performance
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters
Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of suspension or adherent cell culture formats, scale-up and engineering principles (e.g. growth rates, specific consumption/production rates, bioreactor aspect ratios, power calculations, gas transfer, shear stress)
- Hands on expertise in cell line engineering, attribute selection and cell sorting (FACS) is required with experience in isolating high productivity cell lines.
- Hands on expertise in laboratory cell culture operations such as maintenance and growth of cells in both static and suspension modes.
- Demonstrated excellence in viral vector or cell culture process development, process technology transfer, scale translation, and statistical DOE (design of experiments)
- Build, operate, and troubleshoot bench top and pilot scale bioreactors; compile and analyze results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and aptitude for problem solving
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.