UK Medical Director
Proclinical have partnered with a growth biotechnology company in search for a dynamic Medical Doctor within their UK and Ireland regions. You will be expected to provide excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stake holders internal and external.
- The Medical Director UKI is accountable for the review and implementation of the long and short-term business strategies to optimise markets for future and current products
- The post-holder will provide coaching of the medical team members and ensures appropriate development activities are planned and implemented.
- Provides input into clinical research strategy and enables Phase IV clinical research like registries for launch and licensed products and gives input on new product development for successful launch into the marketplace.
- Gives leadership to the UKI medical team about liaison with medical organisations and opinion leaders;
- Gives guidance on timelines for studies in accordance with overall Program priorities, strategic goals and ensure adherence.
- Contributes to the training, leadership and continuing education for commercial and medical affairs departmental staff.
- Be member of the UKI country leadership team and actively interact with other departments to ensure a good understanding of Medical Affairs roles and an excellent collaboration among teams with a common work team spirit.
Skills and Requirements
- Registered GMC M.D. (Medical Doctor) and certified UK signatory with proven leadership experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry.
- The individual must have extensive experience working within biotech having a demonstrated track record in leadership roles with proven people management experience.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Team builder, capable of interacting effectively with external contacts and at every level within the company.
- Resilient self-starter, who is able to act independently and learn quickly.
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment in the Country and Region.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular in English, as evidenced by a record of publications and/or public speaking.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.