The Head of R&D and Program
A vacancy for The Head of R&D and Programs has become available at a large pharmaceutical company. In this role you will be expected to optimise the flow of value from the product to the customer, through leadership of the assigned resources.
- To lead and contribute to the strategic planning and execution of activities associated to Value Stream, working with Product Management to achieve business goals and prioritising of initiatives.
- Participate as a member of the engineering management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organisation's resources are used responsibly.
- Create forward looking plan in regards to needed resources
- Ensure that projects and developments are made according to R&D processes and methodologies as per quality system.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process aligned with Project Management.
- Operationally manage the engineering resources that have been assigned to the value stream in relation to delivery of the program. Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the R&D organisation.
- Ensure collaboration and effective working with other Engineering centres and problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effectively.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and Medical Device development best practices.
Skills and Requirements
- University degree in the field of Medical Device, Engineering or Computer or Nat. Science.
- Strong background in SW Program & project management and a least ten years experience is required for this role within SW Program management.
- Possess proven full life-cycle experience in complex technology research and product development.
- Must have 10+years of leadership experience, best in R&D near activities.
- Lead and manage the time-to-market of products and speed up response time to market demands.
- Must possess diverse leadership skills, be cultural aware and have a solid understanding of international business and industry trends in Medical Device Industries.
- Excellent project management skills: capable of ensuring multiple projects stay on-track and are delivered under budget, including internal resource planning and scheduling.
- Excellent understanding and execution of lean and agile principles
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with executive management, non-engineers and engineers.
- 5 + years in any R&D Director Position.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.