Team Leader of SAS Programming
A leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO) is currently recruiting a Team Leader of SAS Programming, and the role can be office based or home-based in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company that is providing innovative and cost-effective development services to global pharma, biotech and medical device partners.
- Function as the Line Manager for SAS® Programming Team. Provide training, mentoring and support. Identify problems and provide solutions.
- Supervise the smooth running of all programming activities for the production of tables, figures, listings and datasets, SDTM and ADaM dataset mapping and other SAS® related deliverables, according to specifications, within agreed timelines and budget, to high-quality standards.
- Ensure adequate resources are available to support ongoing and future programming activities; identify potential shortcomings early and propose suitable solutions.
- Support the recruitment process for talent acquisition to the SAS Programming team.
- Allocate Lead Programmer to each study and ensure that they proactively manage the study resource demands, timelines and study risks where these arise.
- Monitor the resource utilisation within the SAS® Programming Team against assigned budget; support project teams in the identification of out-of-scope work and the tracking project progress against milestones.
- When required act as project manager to ensure projects meet deadlines and remain within scope and budget and are run according to the company's SOP's or Client's standard and agreed working practices.
- Oversee and drive the development of generic reporting tools where appropriate to ensure consistency and maximise efficiencies.
- Promote the sharing of efficient practices within the SAS® Programming Team and beyond.
- Contribute to the company's financial planning by providing programming-specific input into quotations.
- Attend bid-defence meetings as required, or provide background material.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the SAS® Programming Team; contribute to cross-departmental initiatives, especially between Statistics, Data Management, Project Management and IT.
- Participate in external meetings with clients, and in conferences as appropriate; prepare and deliver presentations.
- Contribute to the management and planning of the Statistics and Programming department.
- Further responsibilities may be delegated by management, as appropriate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experienced SAS programmers, with a background in the CRO or Pharma industry.
- Experience of line management of small teams is required, along with good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Emma Adams on +44 203 854 3893 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.