Supervisor, Molecular Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Supervisor of Molecular Biology with a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will supervise the day to day molecular biology operations (employees, resources, and capacity) to ensure execution of testing support services.
- Oversee the performance of the team to perform routine molecular biology-based testing according to and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Manage, plan and review operations for assigned staff, including scheduling, capacity and maintaining standards.
- Provide strong in-house guidance on science and technology.
- Interact with Project Management to discuss project planning and testing issues.
- Responsible for team members who conduct assays in accordance with cGMPs.
- Assure that laboratory personnel are following all company SOPs and safety rules.
- Act as Technical Reviewer and/or training coordinator as required.
- Prepare and revise technical documents (Client Protocols, SOPs, etc.).
- Plan, monitor, and appraise direct reports including performance competencies, goals & job results.
- Assure that test methods and other paperwork are completed according to cGMPs and company SOPs.
- Effectively communicate and defend science through written and verbal communication.
- Work on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receive minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Work under close supervision from Senior Supervisor or higher.
- Coach, counsel, and conduct disciplinary actions.
- Develop, coordinate, and follow organizational systems, policies, procedures, and follows labor and capacity standards.
Skills and Requirements:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required and 5+ years relevant technical experience and minimum of 2 years' supervisory skills.
- BS/BA in Science related field preferred; or combination of relevant experience & education.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (particularly nucleic acid technology and quantitative PCR) and lab management (preferably high volume in a GMP environment) cGMP experience.
- Strong technical understanding of PCR and qPCR processes.
- Effective multi-tasking skills and time management required.
- Ability to evaluate technical data and record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.