A specialist Contract Research Organisation is looking for a talented Statistics Manager to join their team. The role will focus on delivering high quality statistics and programming.
- Perform technical review and provide input into clinical trial documents including protocols, CRFs, CSRs.
- Support study and/or compound level activities advising on study design and statistical issues across phases and therapeutic areas.
- Author, validate and document SAS programs for datasets, TFLs and macros, applying good programming practice.
- Line management of statisticians, programmers and other technical staff. Accountable for overall performance of direct reports.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of staff to achieve "excellence". Direct employee career development and ensure line reports receive appropriate training to perform their day-to-day jobs.
- Provide technical content for marketing materials.
- Develop and provide internal technical training where appropriate.
- Represent discipline and support junior members of staff at external events.
- Present on technical subject internally, externally and at client meetings.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc or PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of clinical drug development process, relevant disease areas, endpoints and different study designs.
- Awareness of industry and project standards & ICH guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.