Statistical Programmer, Computational Microbiome Sciences
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Statistical Programmer of Computational Microbiome Sciences for a leading biotherapeutic company located in Boston, MA.
- Collaborate with team members to test and deliver production-ready software for the analysis of clinical trial data.
- Perform validation of software developed for and used in clinical trial analyses.
- Exemplify good coding practices, including version control for reproducibility and code sharing.
- Collaborate with project teams, CMS, and Bioinformatics to identify key computational needs on clinical and preclinical programs
- Apply existing and novel algorithms to multi-omic data sets, communicating results to CMS, Bioinformatics, and biologists.
- Visualize, summarize, and present results to stakeholders across the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. with 2-5 years of experience or M.S. with 0-2 years of experience in Statistics, Bioinformatics, or Computational Biology, or related quantitative field (computer science, statistics, etc.).
- Proficiency with parametric and non-parametric statistical models and tests (e.g., linear/mixed linear/logistic regression, Fisher's exact test, etc.).
- Proficiency with statistical and/or scientific programming in R required. Additional experience with Python a strong plus.
- Programming experience in a clinical trial environment a plus.
- Experience with bioinformatic and statistical data analysis packages in R and Python (e.g., ape, vegan, MASS, lme4, DESeq2, limma, ggplot2, matplotlib, scipy, statsmodels, pandas).
- Experience with unit testing and package management in R (e.g., renv, testthat), and version control (git).
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills; excellent team player.
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to delivering on team goals.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Miles Tobin at (+1) 617-545-5922 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.