Statistical Methodology Lead
Are you Statistical Lead looking to expand your career ?
This might be the role for you. A large biotech in London is in search for a Statistical Methodology Lead to strengthen our Statistical Sciences and Innovation team.
- Serves as a statistical consultant across therapy areas and practices and drives implementation of innovative statistical methods that will help accelerate the development process.
- Leads the development, assessment and introduction of new statistical technology and methodology, including statistical model-based drug development approaches using frequentist and/or Bayesian methodologies.
- Performs as a highly competent and experienced senior level biostatistician by functioning as a technical resource and internal statistical consultant across therapy areas, and as a coach/mentor to SSI and GED staff.
- As needed, carries out, or supervises, advanced statistical analyses to address complex design problems across therapy areas, for instance, performing complex simulations to determine sample size and power considerations for different study design options.
- Communicates complex issues in nontechnical language by using visuals, simulations and other illustrative techniques.
- Effectively leads cross-functional or multi-disciplinary groups and use technical expertise to pro-actively influence business decisions.
- Provides statistical sciences training to employees from different disciplines on advanced statistical concepts
- Reviews and approves abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts for publication and ensures accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents.
- Stays current with ongoing developments in statistical methods applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to serve as a senior statistical and pharmaceutical consultant for biostatisticians in GSS and GED and across therapy areas and practices.
- Sound knowledge of the ICH guidelines. Understanding of the regulatory requirements from main health authorities (eg, EMA, FDA and PMDA), and of the submission process in each.
- Good knowledge of SAS and/or R programming
- Excellent knowledge in visualisation and simulation techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Understanding of design and delivery of training on advanced statistical topics to biostatisticians
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.