Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Staff Scientist with a leading medical solutions company located in Brisbane, CA. As the Staff Scientist, you will be to drive development of innovative diagnostic solutions for transplant recipients.
- Lead the initiation, design, and execution of experiments to develop novel high-value diagnostic tests.
- Use molecular biology approaches to independently develop and optimize molecular diagnostics assays based on gene expression.
- Independently perform basic analysis of high-dimensional data.
- Coordinate with statistics and bioinformatics teams for high-level data analysis and gene expression signature development.
- Provide expert support, guidance and mentorship for experiment design, data analysis and results communication to the broader scientific team.
- Interface with staff in multiple departments and clearly communicate results with colleagues and R&D management, as well as externally at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Lead project through development, validation, and launch.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in genomics, molecular biology or a related discipline with 10+ years of experience and at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in molecular biology.
- Expert in nucleic acid sample preparation.
- Experience in development or optimization of nucleic acid technologies related to measuring gene expression, e.g. qPCR, dPCR and multiplex PCR.
- Ability to collect requirements, plan activities and prioritize activities/assignments to supporting team members.
- Able to identify risk and provide recommendations for risk mitigation in area of responsibility and at project level.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required.
- Bioinformatics skills such as programming and data mining are a plus.
- Good organizational skills, and detail oriented.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.