Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Biologist with a global pharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL. Successful candidate will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any relevant biological sciences degree with at least 2 years of experience with cell cultures, protein purification, and western blotting.
- Develop and execute cell culture process in shake flasks and bench-scale bioreactors.
- Protein expression from E.coli., baculoviruses, or mammalian systems.
- Characterize expression with SDS-PAGE, western blot.
- Continuously drive for improved process performance; Provides scientific insight to overcome issues (i.e.,
solubility, purity, heterogeneity, yield).
- Explore and evaluate novel technologies to advance the fermentation platform.
- Ensure that experiments are planned and coordinated cross-functionally, as well as executed effectively.
- Handle issues with a sense of urgency when required.
- Author associated technical reports and documents.
- Work independently with team spirit. Accountable for technical performance and results of the team.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS in relevant biological sciences with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in protein expression using E.coli., baculoviruses (sf9 or hi5 cells), or mammalian system (HEK or CHO cells).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build open and collaborative relationships in a multidisciplinary environment are essential.
- Good record keeping and able to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.