SR Administrative Assistant
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will provide support for Global Headquarters. This role will primarily support the leadership team but will also have some responsibilities for the broader team.
- Manages all aspects of the calendar mainly for team functions. Ensures appropriate time management (schedules prep time for important meetings, time to read emails, etc.); schedule and arrange meetings.
- Provide finance and budget support to the team by understanding requirements for initiating and processing purchase orders, tracking invoices and project budget accruals through the payment process and working with the finance, purchasing and strategic sourcing department to manage practice groups' budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain working knowledge of relevant policies and procedures, including but not limited to purchasing, strategic sourcing, financial and budgetary policies and compliance protocols, and be prepared to provide information to the entire group in this regard as required.
- Manage expense reporting for supported staff by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
- Logistic support, coordination and set up of meetings, events, off sites, etc. Managing the process from startup, arranging location and necessary equipment prepare agenda and relevant information, prepare minutes and other relevant tasks.
- Prepare International Business travel arrangements for department. Understands preferences of supported staff, and proactively troubleshoots and addresses travel conflicts. Additionally, generates detailed itineraries, including arranging visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
- Systems knowledge - Cost center, manager changes, terminations, on- boarding Delegated OTL responsibilities. Organizes back-up coverage during absences, vacations etc. and identifies the need for additional support during periods of increased department workload.
- Trains or familiarizes team members on work processes and procedures, and acts as a resource to team members as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Highly organized, can manage multiple and changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination and, or management.
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving and proactive dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Must have proficiency with technology, including MS office suite and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Technical skill depth, need to understand more than the basics of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of priorities and how to ask for clarification
- Flexibility to stop in the middle of something to change gears and work on something else
- Understanding for when to push back and request justification / clarification
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and desire to create and implement new processes
- Ability to take feedback and improve from the feedback ability to communicate with various types of personalities without getting flustered
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.