Senior Statistical Programmer
We are in search of a talented Senior Statistical Programmer to provide expertise to help our client meet its internal and external needs. You will be expected to plan and coordinate the development of programming solutions, using the full spectrum of statistical spectrum needs. You will be given the opportunity to work from home.
- Perform, plan co-ordinate and implement the following for complex studies: (i) the programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing and (ii) the programming of analysis datasets (derived datasets) and transfer files for internal and external clients and (iii) the programming quality control checks for the source data and report the data issues periodically..
- Ability to interpret project level requirements and develop programming specifications, as appropriate, for complex studies.
- Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to SP teams and Statistical Programming department, for complex studies.
- Complete project responsibilities at the level of technical team lead for single complex studies or group of studies.
- Directly communicate with internal and client statisticians and clinical team members to ensure appropriate understanding of requirements and project timelines.
- Estimate programming scope of work, manage resource assignments, communicate project status and negotiate/re-negotiate project timelines for deliverables.
- Use and promote the use of established standards, SOP and best practices.
- Provide training and mentoring to SP team members and Statistical Programming department staff.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have expertise of SAS® Base, and good knowledge of SAS® graph and SAS® Macros.
- Capable of implementing more advanced statistical procedures as per specifications provided by biostatistician.
- Must have excellent knowledge of CDISC standards (SDTM and ADaM)
- Strong understanding of clinical trial data and extremely hands on in data manipulations, analysis and reporting of analysis results.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Statistical Programming in pharmaceutical or medical devices industry.
- Ability to delegate work to other members of the SP team [SPM]
- Ability to lead teams and projects and capable of managing at a group level
- Recognizes when negotiating skills are needed and seeks assistance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. devices industry
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.