Senior Scientist Oligonucleotide Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Investigator/Senior Investigator of Oligonucleotide Biology with a leading life science group located in Boston, MA. As the Investigator/Senior Investigator, you will be a part of a group that invents, discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions for Oncology, CNS, metabolism and other areas of high unmet medical need.
- Develop and maintain cell culture assays for screening antisense/siRNA-based and innate immune receptor-targeted DNA/RNA oligonucleotides for various disease indications.
- Carry out and establish molecular basis of mechanisms of diseases and develops biomarkers
- Develop and supervise/manage biology laboratory and mentor junior colleagues.
- Design and conduct in vivo disease model studies at CROs and interpret data.
- Collaboratively work with chemistry, formulation and bioinformatics scientists.
- Contribute to high impact research publications/patent applications and regulatory filings
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Biology/Biochemistry or a relevant subject area from a reputed University with 6+ years of relevant postdoctoral/industrial experience within the area of in vitro and in vivo antisense/siRNA biology.
- Thorough knowledge of working with DNA and RNA oligonucleotides, antisense and/or siRNA screening.
- Pertinent experience of handling, growing and maintaining cell lines and developing cell culture assays.
- Experience in gene expression analysis using RT-PCR and other related techniques, and protein expression analysis by ELISA, FACS, Western blots.
- Experience working with primary cells from animals and humans.
- Hands on experience running in vivo studies and directly dealing with CROs. Experience in designing and writing in vivo study protocols, engaging CROs, data analysis, including statistical analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience working with innate immune receptor modulators in vitro and in vivo is advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience of using cutting edge molecular biological and immunological experimental techniques.
- Experience working as a team member on projects and willing to collaborate with internal project teams developing various nucleic acid therapeutics.
- Effective presentation skills of methodologies and results internally to colleagues, including bench scientists, project team leaders, research management, and at scientific conferences.
- Ability to independently translate strategy into action in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience successfully prioritizing and managing projects and timelines.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and team work ethics.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.