Senior Scientist, Microbiology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Microbiology for a medical device company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform and direct assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Acts as Study Director for selected assays
- Demonstrates innovative and independent scientific technical expertise and proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of laboratory procedures and development of new procedures as it relates to microbiological and analytical methods, flow cytometry and/or cell-based potency assays.
- Designs and independently conducts scientific development projects from inception to completion
- As assigned by management, supervises, plans, and reviews operations for assigned staff, including responsibility for training, managing, and evaluating, as well as coordinating, scheduling, and assigning work
- Recommends hire/transfer/promotion/discharge and acts on employee problems
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication
- Effectively communicates with internal departments to assure that appropriate testing information is effectively communicated and documented
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting
- Conducts and directs microbiological assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Prepares protocols, final reports, investigations, and deviations as needed
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data appropriately
- As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director, Lab Manager, and/or Principal Investigator for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities
- Effectively interacts with clients to address scientific and project-related issues
- Maintains a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required; reviews and signs laboratory notebooks
Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent for Bachelors', 8+ years for Master's or 5+ PhD degree in Biological Sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.