A contract position has arisen for a Senior Scientist in Packaging Development within the Pharmaceutical Technology & Development function. In this role you will be expected to apply specialist knowledge to achieve project targets.
- Manage packaging support to pharmaceutical development projects, applying specialist knowledge and expertise to achieve project targets in a timely fashion and to agreed quality standards
- Contribute to the Packaging Strategy in the areas of Sustainability, Design Methodology, Smart Packaging and Standardisation
- Employ your understanding of packaging regulations
- Assess and report data with a clear understanding of its reliability; interpret finding and draw authoritative conclusions and recommendations so that their significance can be appreciated
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with appropriate safety (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. GMP
- Generate and review regulatory submission documents, plans, protocols and reports ensuring that the project objectives are met
- To work with colleagues across the company and partner organisations to ensure suitable scientific input and influence decision making
Skills and Requirements
- A graduate with relevant experience in a Development or Commercial Manufacturing environment
- Advantageous to have an understanding of packaging aspects of one or more of the following:
- Materials and polymer science
- Design methodology
- Smart packaging
- Ability to assess, review and report data from own work, with a clear understanding of its reliability. Interpret findings and draw authoritative conclusions and recommendations so that their significance can be appreciated.
- Work as a member of multi-functional teams, with a large degree of independence representing own department or area of expertise.
- Experience working with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Strong communication skills.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.