(Senior) Scientist, Biochemistry
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Biochemistry for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Our client is seeking a highly motivated (Senior) Scientist to join the Biochemistry group of a Cancer Immunotherapy Biotech. If you are a scientist that is driven by solving challenges and charting new therapeutic directions in a technology-centric manner, this may be a good opportunity for you!
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a team to help pioneer and establish new technologies centered around T cell receptor proteins (TCRs) in the organization. The purpose of these technologies is to deeply characterize T cells resulting from in vitro stimulation/expansion experiments and from patients on our clinical trials.
- The successful candidate will help develop biochemical and biophysical platforms and assays in the context of MHC and TCR interactions.
- Furthermore, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in establishing technological capabilities that may be leveraged to design protein-based therapeutics, and may lead those therapeutic applications and shaping its strategy.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, or any other molecular biological or relevant biomedical science. Strong understanding of human immunology is a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant research experience and at least 1 year of working experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries. Experience in the immunotherapy field is a plus.
- The successful candidate will need to effectively work both as part of a team and as an independent scientist.
- Ability to test many different and developing technologies in diverse scientific areas, both at low and high throughputs.
- Hands-on experience with and a very strong understanding of protein expression (bacterial, mammalian, etc) and purification (affinity, size exclusion chromatograph, ion exchange, etc.) strategies and fundamentals.
- Strong experience in protein characterization techniques, such as SDS-PAGE, Western blot, analytical HPLC, LC-MS, MALS-SEC, DSF, DLS, SPR, and BLI.
- Familiarity with AKTA purification and HPLC systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Pro-active mentality and interest in exploring new scientific and conceptual realms.
- Ability to maintain inventories of equipment, supplies, and related research materials.
- Ability to read and synthesize information from the scientific literature and teach others learned concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.