Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Antibody Engineering for a leading life science group with an R&D site located in Greater Boston, MA, that invents, discovers and develops, antibody therapeutics for the treatment of serious medical conditions and areas of high unmet medical needs.
- Responsible for purification, modification, and characterization of recombinant proteins from a variety of host cells (eukaryotic and prokaryotic) to advance multiple drug discovery projects and science objectives in parallel.
- Close collaboration with supervisor and with members of the TPE group to advance the group's remit.
- Occasional interactions with colleagues across the BMD group and presentation of results both at the group and departmental level.
- Participation and occasional presentations in cross-functional project teams to communicate progress.
- Ability to advise the TPE group on project-specific commercial reagents and keep up to date on advances in protein purification.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biochemistry, structural biology or a related discipline with 2+ years directly relevant, hands-on experience or MS degree with 5+ years
- Strong background in protein biochemistry, protein purification (using affinity and traditional chromatographic techniques), protein modification using enzymatic and chemical methods, and biophysical, analytical characterization.
- Experience in Mass Spectrometric analysis of proteins
- Hands-on experience with instrumentation essential for protein purification and characterization, especially AKTA FPLC and UPLC systems, SDS PAGE and Western Blot.
- Experience in purification and handling of various classes of secreted proteins.
- Demonstrated capabilities to implement and troubleshoot protein purification and protein modification experiments and persist to successful outcomes.
- Must be able to thrive and deliver results on goals in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment.
- Must work well as a member of teams in an inclusive manner.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Max Robinson at or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.