Senior Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Antibody Discovery with a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Sr. Scientist, you will be responsible for purification, modification, and characterization of recombinant proteins and antibodies from a variety of host cells (eukaryotic and prokaryotic) to advance multiple drug discovery projects and science objectives in parallel.
- Responsible for purification, modification, and characterization of recombinant proteins and antibodies from a variety of host cells (eukaryotic and prokaryotic) to advance multiple drug discovery projects and science objectives in parallel.
- Close collaboration with supervisor and with members of the Antibody Discovery group to advance the group's remit.
- Occasional interactions with colleagues across the group and presentation of results both at the group and departmental level.
- Participation and occasional presentations in cross-functional project teams to communicate progress.
- Ability to advise the group on project-specific commercial reagents and keep up to date on advances in protein purification.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biochemistry, structural biology or a related discipline with 2+ years directly relevant, hands-on experience or MS degree with 5+ years.
- Strong background in protein biochemistry, protein purification (using affinity and traditional chromatographic techniques), protein modification using enzymatic and chemical methods, and biophysical, analytical characterization.
- Experience in Mass Spectrometric analysis of proteins.
- Hands-on experience with instrumentation essential for protein purification and characterization, especially AKTA FPLC and UPLC systems, SDS PAGE and Western Blot.
- Experience in purification and handling of various classes of secreted proteins.
- Demonstrated capabilities to implement and troubleshoot protein purification and protein modification experiments and persist to successful outcomes.
- Must be able to thrive and deliver results on goals in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly multi-tasking environment.
- Must work well as a member of teams in an inclusive manner.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.