Senior SAS Programmer
ProClinical is happy to advertise new a UK home-based Senior SAS Programmer role for one of the largest pharmaceutical organisations in the market. This position will focus on developing statistical methods effectively optimising the company.
- Develop SAS programs for generating datasets, tables, figures and listings for clinical trials (according to ICH E3) and/or publication and/or Health Authorities requests
- Be the CDISC SDTM/ADaM expert; use CDISC guidelines to generate SDTM/ADaM datasets
- Develop standard SAS macros and prepare the corresponding validation documents
- Perform quality check on SAS programs/outputs created by another Statistician/SAS Programmer
- Develop SAS programs/macros and utilities for data cleaning
- Liaise with Data Management team in identifying and implementing checks according to the Data Validation Plan
- Check the requirements to handle external clinical data and develop the SAS programs to import/reconcile external clinical data
- Develop and validate SAS programs for identification of Protocol Deviations
- Establish and implement programming rules
- Collaborate with Biostatistics and Data Management staff on clinical trials/projects
- Prepare, maintain, and archive of SAS programming documentation
- Collaborate in establishing and maintaining SOPs related to SAS programming
- Collaborate in establishing and maintaining document/programming standards
- Contribute to on-boarding of new associates and act as a mentor for junior staff
- Keep informed on new SAS developments relevant to the clinical trial data management
Skills and Requirements
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in SAS.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the programming and reporting process.
- Knowledge of SOP's/Guidelines, ICH-GCP, and any other applicable local and international regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11.
- Ability to learn new systems and function in an evolving technical environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to successfully lead a global team with proven Lead programming experience.
- Competent in written and oral English.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.