Senior Research Scientist
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Scientist job in Slough. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative company whose medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
- To be a lab-based scientist, delivering expertise in the area of biochemical assay development; independently designing, developing and validating biochemical assays for implementation in drug discovery projects, while incorporating the views of others.
- To work in partnership with colleagues in the High Throughput Screening and Mechanistic Biology & Profiling teams to ensure that assays are designed optimally and implemented effectively.
- To implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate.
- To be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing novel ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made; potentially leading one or more aspects of scientific discipline within the team.
Skills. and Requirements
- Ph.D in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline; or a BSc/MSc degree with significant in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of biochemical assays for compound profiling and screening applications.
- A practical understanding of assay optimisation, including statistical tools such as factorial experimental design, to enable the generation of robust, reproducible and sensitive assays.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.